What to wear
Comfortable, fitting cotton clothing with sleeves is the best for class. In an effort to maintain the integrity and cleanliness of the Anti-Gravity Yoga hammocks.
The following are not allowed..
- Fake Tan
- Heavy Make-up
- Long Nails
- Velcro clothing, Zips, etc
The most common question from Fighting Fit students is what they should wear to to their pole dancing lessons! For your pole dance class, you will need:
- Trainers for the warm up
- Bare feet or trainers can be wore for pole dancing
- A top thats easy to move in (eg: vest top, cami or t-shirt)
- Shorts (will not be needed until week 3/4 into your course)
- Don't wear any moisturiser on the day of your pole dance class. It prevents you from gripping the pole and makes it really slippery.
Choosing the right fitness clothing and equipment is important to stay comfortable.
- Think comfort. Shorts, tee shirts, tights... wear whatever feels good to you. Test your clothes before you go to the studio to make sure your clothes don't chafe, ride up, slide down or show more than you want.
- Be picky about your workout socks. If they're too thick or thin you could get blisters which can ruin a good workout.
- Choose clothes to fit your activity. If you're running or walking, a simple pair of shorts or tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt might be fine. If your doing yoga or pilates, you might choose more fitted clothing so you can move freely but stay covered.
There's no right or wrong when it comes to exercise clothes. It's whatever makes you feel good and keeps you comfortable.